Sunday, May 4, 2008

I am glad for all of this rain

...because as long as it keeps up my pea plants are probably NOT going to die. And because it renews EVERYTHING and makes the trees dark dark brown damp and carries life back into the world.

Here's the song I like to listen to over and over. You probably also love it, and if you don't, you should. Not sure how, but it manages to be both sad and happy at the same time. It is a song of tiny hopes springing forth amidst the ashes. I particularly love that part almost at the end where it gets slow and you think it is over because all of the birds are saying tweet tweet and then the guitar comes back with this tiny powerful flutter of breath. I don't even know the musical term for that sound but it moves something deep inside of me every time.

4 comments:

Thirdmango said...

when walking with my cousin today I tried to convince him that rain was the best weather. It didn't work too well, but at least he knows I think it's the best.

Katie said...

hahaha... well I wouldn't say it's the BEST. I mean, I'm not going to complain about the sunshine in the forecast for this week. But the rain sure is lovely when it happens. :)

Molly Sue said...

I love that song. My favorite version is performed by an English group called the "The Kings Singers"

Good choice for a rainy day.

eleka nahmen said...

I like the rain cause I can wear black. Well, I wear black every other day too, but I just feel so much more cosmopolitan in the rain. And going running at night when it's lightly showering is like a dreamstate.