I have been ready for awhile to move on to a new phase in my life, but it was so so tough to say goodbye to everyone I've come to know over the past five years.
We had a little going away party, and (here is the craziest, nicest thing I can imagine, which I wasn't expecting at all), my coworkers chipped in and got me a going away present: an ipad!!!! I was a little bit almost in shock and so touched by such a gesture from everybody that I hopefully didn't just sit there dumbfounded saying something like "oh my gosh WOW" and was able to get out a gracious thank you. But really, what a blessing to work with people who care so much that you succeed, even when you are leaving them, sending you on your way with such a thoughtful and useful gift.
I was eager to see what it was all about and playing around with it last night... there are so many features... for example, I can download apps about the different systems of the human body (muscles/bones, organs, etc) and there are models at different levels of magnification, I can zoom in and rotate around, use it to study and see how everything is fitting together. I'm sure there are other uses I haven't even discovered yet. Wow. I just keep thinking that to myself. Wow. And every time I use it I will remember how blessed I am with the people from this part my life who care for and support me.
This next week is serious overload.
- Today I have to bike over to BU where I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology, pay my tuition, get my textbooks, etc.
- My first day of the course is Tuesday. I have six hours of lecture and four hours of lab.
- I'm registering for an online developmental psych course as well.
- Saturday I take the GRE.
- And tonight, my friends the Danes are coming into town and will be here through almost all of next week.
- My roommate is graduating from his master's program and his girlfriend and family will be in town.
- I still need to work out the lease for this coming year with my two new future roommates.
- Now that I have more free time during the week I need to get back in touch with the people I was shadowing for observation hours and see if we can set up some more regular times I can come in.
- And I want to do some last studying for the GREs. Maybe take another practice to build up my endurance.
It is weird. A week or two ago I felt so many conflicting emotions, like inside of me was where crazytown was happening. Now that I've actually officially begun my new path, I still feel like things around me are a bit all over the place, but I'm strangely calm in myself, where I'm headed. Purposeful.
I'm sure that feeling will come and go, but, for now, I run with it.