Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Jakki just informed me yesterday morning that she's going to start moving out at the end of this week. That means graduation really is coming soon. She got some used cardboard boxes and when I came home, they were filled with her clothes, taped shut, and stacked up in the living room.

And here's the thing: I don't want to graduate. I don't want things to change! I mean, I'm looking forward to my new job, but I hate it when periods of my life come to a conclusion. I hate saying goodbye to people, places, and things (to nouns, I guess?). Especially to the people.

I was in my bed last night doing some work and Lauren sailed into my room, completely frustrated about something. I scooted over a little and she hopped in the bed. A few minutes later Jakki appeared at the door, groggy-eyed in her fuzzy flannel pjs. She couldn't sleep. I shoved my work aside, and she joined us, draping herself at the foot of the bed. We all just loafed for awhile: making silly jokes, discussing hypotheticals, and simply enjoying each other's presence. Gosh there is so much I'm going to miss...

1 comment:

Bbear said...

I liked your usage of the word "sailed" and I think the fact you'll miss these things means that you've got a great life here. Be glad about it, ja?