Saturday, July 7, 2007

4th of July Conversation

For the celebration of our nation's Independence Day, my mother made blueberry muffins for breakfast, complete with red, white, and blue star confetti sprinkles on the tops. I was "supervising" my younger brother as he washed the dishes and he unwittingly blurted out something extremely alliterative. I don't remember what the original statement was, but we went back and forth a few times, trying to out-alliterate one another.
P: Amazingly awesome alliteration!
K: Wow! What wonderful words we witness.
At this point E stumbled into the room, just barely awake after a sound night's sleep. She did not appear pleased with all of the excessive and unnecessary yammering at so early an hour (on a state-sponsored holiday, no less), put us in our place with one swift, clean blow...
E: Breakfast before babble.
...and trailed into the other room, hair all poufed to one side and blanket dragging on the floor behind her.

Happy Independence Day!!!

3 comments:

Bbear said...

Hahahaha! That's amazing.

l a u r e n said...

haha! i think the independence day link topped them all. i love you and miss you forever.

are you ready to get a cup yet or what?

Katie said...

Oh man... I wish! Don't worry - I'd let you know if I were ready for a cup.