Sunday, December 12, 2010

Today

Went to my friend's mom's Christmas concert at this unitarian church (where I attended nursery school, actually).  It was nice, the melodies were nice and the chords were nice.  The choir was beautiful. Music can touch that part inside of you where words cannot reach, where you know things matter and are good, even if you don't know how to describe it.

I'd been feeling tired and a little sick this morning, so I kind of didn't even want to do anything.  But I'm glad I went.

I haven't really been going to church, and I don't think it's a bad thing to not go, it is maybe what I need right now, but still, I miss things being so HOLY like that. I like Christmastime a lot.  It's one of my favorite holidays.  I like lights in the darkness, warmth in the cold, baking treats, spending time with loved ones, and I like that story of a tiny little baby who ended up leading a pretty big life.

They didn't sing this one, but I just like it.  Enjoy.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a & i are going to this today:

Harvard Memorial Church in Harvard Yard: The 101st Annual Christmas Carol Services

Monday, December 13, 8:00 p.m.

wanna come? i miss that stuff too...

Katie said...

Oooh sounds fun. I cannot, I have roommate dinner, but you guys should stop by beforehand if you can.